Our team had a lot of fun tying in our favorite charity with a special for our patients this August. With the upcoming GetHeeled 5K family friendly event in Chapel Hill we help sponsor in September, we need your help in reaching our $1000 goal! Your $25 registration fee not only registers you for the Fun Run September 14th, but it gets you $10/unit Botox all month at Davis Plastic Surgery. And if you receive at least 30 units – you also get a free box of Latisse!
- Follow this LINK to get started.
- Choose the $30 5K adult registration and use Promo Code Davis13 to make it $25.
- Fill out all your registration information and be sure to select our team (Davis Plastic Prancers) to join!
- Call our office to make your Botox appointment with Andrea!
Thank you for supporting us in raising money for the UNC Lineberger kids cancer center in Chapel Hill. We assure you it’s a fantastic cause for local children battling this life threatening disease. We also hope you can join us on September 14th for this heart warming local event!
June microdermabrasion special at Davis Plastic Surgery & Aesthetics in Raleigh, NC
Davis Plastic Surgery in Raleigh has put together an amazing skincare treat for you this June! If you’ve never tried a diamond microdermabrasion facial (regularly $99,) try one this month for only $50. And once you are enjoying that smooth new skin, we NEED you to protect it! Especially with this weeks news coverage. Year-round use of sunscreen significantly slows the aging of skin caused by the sun’s ultraviolet rays, according to the first rigorous study of its kind. So with your $50 facial this month, we are including a FREE UltaMD full size sunscreen ($27 value!) This is a great opportunity for only $50 to kick off summer with gorgeous and healthy skin. We invite you to call Davis Plastic Surgery & Aesthetics to find out more about this special and to book your free consultation with one of our skin care experts.
What is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive, pain-free treatment that resurfaces the skin by gently exfoliating the topmost layer of the dermis to remove dead skin cells, even out the texture and pigmentation, improve the appearance of wrinkles and acne scarring leaving the skin healthier, softer and firmer. It requires no downtime.
Results are gradual and vary according to skin condition and number of treatments. Most people experience softer, smoother skin after their 1st treatment.
Why is Diamond Microdermabrasion better than Crystal Microdermabrasion?
- Latest technology in microdermbrasion
- No crystal residue on the skin, eyes, hair or floating in the air
- No need to wear protective eye goggles or mask
- No environmentally hazardous waste
Who Can Benefit?
Diamond Microdermabrasion is beneficial to all skin types but specially anyone who wants improvement on specific conditions such as:
- Sun damage
- Age spots
- Acne scarring and acne hyper pigmentation
- Blackheads and whiteheads
- Appearance of fine and deep lines (wrinkles)
- Loss of elasticity and firmness
- Stretch Marks
How Often Should I have Diamond Microdermabrasion?
A series of treatments is highly recommended in order to achieve optimal results. After the series is completed maintenance every 8-10 weeks is advised. An home skincare regimen prescribed by Patricia Casey, LME is essential to complement and enhance the results of the Microdermabrasion treatment at Davis Plastic Surgery in Raleigh, NC.
After being a sponsor of the Get Heeled 5K last year, we were excited to again take part in the race this Fall. We didn’t expect to be asked to host a ‘clinic party’ at UNC Lineberger this month and get to see first-hand where 100% off the funds raised go.
WOW. Just, WOW.
What amazing kids, families, doctors, nurses, volunteers, fund-raisers go into treating these tiny children everyday! The spirit these children have is awe inspiring – and it was an honor to witness.
We now couldn’t be more inspired to raise money and take part in THIS year’s Get Heeled 5K! PLEASE join our team, walk with us, donate, cheer-lead – whatever you can!
During allergy season, many women find themselves reaching for tissues and wondering why they even bothered putting on eye makeup in the morning. It seems exceptionally rough in Raleigh this Spring!
Women often report that eye allergy symptoms like red, puffy eyes make them look exhausted or like they have been crying. Itchy eyes can lead to frequent rubbing, which can cause makeup to smudge. As a result, many women say they feel tired and unattractive during allergy season. That’s at least three months per year of potential misery! Additionally, many contact lens wearers with eye allergies say that their allergy symptoms make them feel ‘uncomfortable’ when wearing their contacts and cause disruption to their beauty routines.
Feel Your Best
- For allergy sufferers who want to wear or remain in contacts, some doctors recommend daily disposable lenses such as 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST® Brand Contact Lenses. Putting in a clean, fresh lens every day minimizes the potential for accumulation of allergens and irritants that can often build up with repeated use of the same pair of lenses.
- Some doctors also recommend being cautious with allergy pills that claim to ease allergy symptoms. Quite frequently, allergy medication can dry the eyes. Try taking it at night if you still need to take something so the drying effect is not as dramatic. Talk to your doctor about what medication(s) are best for you.
- Use transient-preserved or preservative-free artificial tears.
- Talk to your Eye Care Professional about any questions or concerns you have regarding eye health or the proper wear and care of your contact lenses. He or she can work with you to determine the appropriate lens and replacement frequency for you, as well as other solutions to eye related problems.
Look Your Best
- Put in your contact lenses before applying any makeup. This will help prevent makeup residue from getting on your lenses, so you’ll avoid eye irritation from makeup particles.
- Try using a cold compress to ease redness, puffiness and dark circles – but better yet, try cold sliced fresh potatoes underneath your eyes — the enzyme catecholase (or catechol oxidase) helps diminish dark circles.
- To offset bloodshot eyes, we recommend using bluish eyeliner on your inner rims. Cobalt and emerald eye liner were everywhere at the spring 2013 runway shows, such as Christian Dior and Anna Sui. You can also use light, shimmery champagne-colored shadow — instead of dark smoky eye makeup — to draw in light and brighten your eyes.
- Rely on waterproof formulas for mascara and eyeliner, as allergy-sufferers are often prone to watery, teary eyes, which can cause the “raccoon” effect. In case you are tearing up, an oil-absorbing sheet can be used to blot into lower lashes, and remove hints of oil and waxiness.
- Pollen is worse in the mornings. If possible, stay indoors until early afternoon. If you do spend an extended period of time outside, make sure to cover your hair or wash it as soon as you get inside.
If you’ve got a tip for looking and/or feeling good this season – email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to feature it on our Pinterest or Facebook page!
Regularly $250 – today only purchase your Vi Peel for only $175! Why? Improved tone, texture and clarity of the skin; Reduction of age spots, freckles, and hyper-pigmentation, including melasma; softening of lines and wrinkles; clearing of acne skin conditions; reduction of acne scars; pretty much more YOUTHFUL SKIN!
*Purchase today and use anytime through March 29, 2013.